Senior Data Engineer – Contract Role
- United States
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 6-12 month Contract Assignment
Precision Talent Group is a leading consulting firm specializing in providing top-notch talent and expertise to organizations across various industries. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our team on a contract basis. In this role, you will work remotely from the United States, supporting a Fortune 500 client as a data engineer.
- Data pipeline development: Design, develop, and maintain scalable and robust data pipelines for efficient extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) processes. Ensure the smooth flow of data from various sources to target systems, applying data integration and transformation techniques.
- Data architecture and modeling: Collaborate with stakeholders to define and implement data architecture, including data models, database schemas, and data warehouse structures. Design and optimize data storage and retrieval systems to support high-performance analytics and reporting.
- Data integration and API development: Implement and manage data integration solutions, including APIs and web services, to facilitate seamless data flow between systems. Develop and maintain data connectors and APIs for data ingestion and extraction.
- Data quality and governance: Establish data quality frameworks and processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity. Implement data governance strategies, including data lineage, metadata management, and data cataloging.
- Performance optimization: Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in data processing and storage systems. Optimize query performance and data access patterns to enable efficient and timely data retrieval and analysis.
- Data security and privacy: Implement robust security measures to protect sensitive data throughout the data lifecycle. Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and industry best practices.
- Collaborative problem-solving: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, data scientists, and business stakeholders, to understand data requirements and address data-related challenges. Provide technical expertise and guidance in data-related discussions and decision-making processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer, preferably in a consulting or enterprise environment. Strong understanding of data engineering principles, practices, and technologies.
- Data pipeline development: Proficiency in designing and implementing scalable ETL processes using tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, or similar technologies. Experience with data integration platforms and frameworks (e.g., Informatica, Talend) is advantageous.
- Database and data warehouse technologies: Solid understanding of database systems, both relational and NoSQL, and their performance optimization techniques. Experience with data warehousing concepts and platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery) is desirable.
- Programming and scripting skills: Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala. Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, PowerShell) and SQL is required.
- Data modeling and schema design: Strong understanding of data modeling concepts and schema design principles. Experience with schema design for both transactional and analytical databases is preferred.
- Data governance and security: Familiarity with data governance frameworks, data security best practices, and data privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA). Experience in implementing data governance and security controls is beneficial.
- Cloud platforms: Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. Familiarity with cloud-based data engineering tools and services (e.g., AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory) is a plus.
- Collaboration and communication: Excellent collaboration and communication skills. Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Join Precision Talent Group and contribute your expertise as a Data Engineer. This contract position offers the flexibility of remote work, enabling you to contribute your expertise from anywhere in the United States. Apply now and be part of our dedicated team of professionals working on cutting-edge projects in the consulting industry. W2 Contract positions include immediate benefits and 401k opportunities.
Please note that this is a contract position with an estimated duration of 6-12 months.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.