The Manufacturing Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of the maintenance, tooling, and engineering departments, facilitating efficient manufacturing operations across the organization.
- · Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- · Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- · Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Collaborates with other manufacturing managers and leadership to set and assess priorities across teams.
- Assesses cost effectiveness and feasibility of manufacturing processes; makes and implements recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supervises tooling operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Provides guidance and oversight in development and execution of plant renovations and expansions; coordinates outside contractors and vendors.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and/or other appropriate leadership with programs, activities, and responsibilities of the maintenance department.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and guidelines, including EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Prepares and implements the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Skills/Abilities:
- · Thorough understanding of plant engineering, industrial engineering, and tooling.
- · Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- · Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- · Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Management, or equivalent experience in manufacturing engineering field, required.
- At least five years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.