Position holder reports to Logistics Manager
Work is done on-site at Durham factory
Position holder is responsible for setting up and developing logistics processes and material handling technology in terms of safety, quality, and material availability at production lines.
As a Logistics Engineer/Specialist you will:
· Oversee logistics processes and material handling technology
· Design and implement end-to-end factory material flow (inbound-warehouse-outbound)
· Ensure material availability at production lines
· Plan and execute processes to upkeep reliable inventory records
· Diagnose issues in material flow, and take actions, recommendations, or provide training accordingly.
· Continuously develop logistics processes to improve safety, quality, and material availability.
· Plan and execute logistics equipment and tooling investments
· Ensure systems (ERP) supports efficient process execution
· Support New production Introduction (NPI) in logistics related matters
· Create and maintain process, equipment and systems documentation and instructions
WHAT HELPS YOU SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
· BSc or Diploma Degree (Supply Chain management, Industrial engineering or similar)
· Experience in developing material flow in product assembly factory and knowledge of material handling equipment and tools
· Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
· Knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
· Team-focused mindset, with good communication and cooperation skills
· A hands-on, open-minded, versatile, enthusiastic can-do attitude while embracing continuous learning
· Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.