Senior Electrical Engineer System Integrator (Prototype Wiring Specialist)
This position is responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of electrical components and subsystems to high voltage EV marine propulsion systems. The System Integrator is expected to move at an aggressive pace within the development teams agile framework– keeping track of program milestones, deliverables and pulling together the contributions into a cohesive final product. The Electrical Integration Engineer is also expected to get their hands dirty in the details of their sub-systems – digging through source code, root causing issues and proposing solutions to complex problems, as well as testing prototype firmware implementations.
The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing control systems, a demonstrated track record of proactive communication and development team leadership, a demonstrated ability to innovate within small teams, and possesses practical knowledge of electrical, mechatronic and software design.
- Lead the electrical development for the product family, through creation and maintenance of high level schematics, harness design, harness fabrication drawing, component development
- Invent new control technologies that will add value to the boating experience
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering development team, and manufacturing teams.
- Promote and champion electrical engineering best practices
- Work in the design, selection, analysis, system integration, and testing of marine EV systems, sensors, actuators, controllers, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and electromechanical systems, including conceptual design, detailed design, testing, validation, and product implementation.
- Ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces, and interactions to achieve specific functionality.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure the function(s) are rolled out and functioning properly. This can include development of processes, diagnostic tools and methods, and root-cause diagnosis for product issues.
- Collaborate and validate the functions, interfaces, and interactions of the system. Identify areas of concern.
- Communicate effectively with peers and key non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with CAN and Vector CAN tools is a plus.
- Experience with Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA) is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in NMEA 2000 and J1939 protocols
- BSc, MS in a relevant engineering discipline
- Established background in EV development, EV Charging or Power Electronic Systems in the automotive or comparable industry, with a combination of theoretical and practical engineering experience
- Passion for boating and watersports
- Experience in automotive diagnostics development is strongly preferred
- Proven success in driving service and field requirements in a complex, design-focused environment
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities and a knack for tackling problems that are unusual and complex
- Minimum of 5 years working on development of complex electro-mechanical integration projects.
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices.
- Proven ability to use programming to solve challenging problems and increase own/team’s efficiency through automation.
- Ability to fluently interpret system data to gain a full understanding of logged events.
- Bachelor’s in associated field of engineering to meet requirements (Preferred)
- Computer Software, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering: 5-10 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.